CBBC show Alesha’s Street Dance Stars will return for 2013 for a third series.
To find out more information about the show then please get the group leader/choreographer to e-mail CBBCStreetDance@bbc.co.uk with their name, number and nearest city to the crew. A detailed breakdown of the application process can be found below.
Audition dates for Alesha’s Street Dance Stars 2013 are yet to be announced.
Judges for the 2013 series have not be disclosed but it is expected Turbo will return following an announcement that he may get his own spin off show.
The first series of Alesha’s Street Dance Stars was won by Lil Diamonds on the CBBC channel in August 2011. Last year’s Alesha’s Street Dance Stars winners were Future Pride.
Running over ten episodes, the first series of Alesha’s Street Dance Stars included contributions from Jordan Banjo and Perri Luc Kiely from Diversity as mentors for the groups that made the later stages of the competition.
CBBC Alesha’s Street Dance Stars 2013 auditions and applications process
Stage One – Application Process:
- Each crew must be no less than 4 and no more than 12 members and aged between 9 yrs – 15 years old at the time of the application closing date which is Friday 1st March 2013.
- Each group must complete and return a crew application form and submit a performance clip if possible.
- Each crew must come with an adult leader/choreographer (over 18) that will remain with the crew throughout their journey in the contest.
- All performers in the crew and their leader MUST be available for their audition date and for the studio records if they are successful. Exact dates TBC.
- You can enter more than one crew, as long as each crew comes with a different leader and a completely different set of performers.
- If your crew took part in the last series and made the Semi-Finals then those performers cannot take part this year. You are very welcome to enter with a completely different set of performers.
- Each group must create a unique Street Dance name especially for this competition. It cannot be the name or part of the name of the drama/dance school or club that they attend
Stage two – Regional Auditions:
- Please note auditions are not open auditions – you will be contacted if you make it through to the audition stage. You will have time to check out the space and warm up beforehand.
- We cannot pay for travel expenses to auditions or cover parking costs.
- Each group must have completed the crew application form and it is essential that every individual performer brings a signed consent form completed by their parent/guardian. Without these completed forms the audition cannot go ahead.
- For the audition, each crew will give 1 performance ONLY lasting between 1-2 minutes in length.
- The performance must not feature any vocal performances or instruments and should be performed to backing tracks only – which must be provided by the crew on CD. This is a CBBC programme – the choice of music must be appropriate.
- Your choice of clothing/style or costume is entirely up to your crew as long as it is appropriate. We would not encourage anyone to buy or create anything new just for the audition process.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at the auditions. There will be time for you to change into your performance shoes/outfits for your audition.
- The total audition including a brief ‘get to know you chat’ will last for approx 20 mins per group and we will allocate each group a time slot. Parents are not allowed in the audition, just the group and their leader. Please note we do not provide refreshments; please bring a drink with you.
- Please note: the members in the crew that take part in the audition must be the same crew members that take part in the programme if the crew is successful. No crew can add or change any members after their audition.
- Each child must have a completed release form signed by a parent/guardian – any child without a form will not be able to audition. Each adult member must have a completed release form and each group must have filled in a group application form with completed DOBs of all crew members.
- We will not tolerate any inappropriate behaviour and have the right to refuse to audition anyone who behaves in a way that is not acceptable to CBBC.
- All crew involvement will be dependent on the necessary licences being obtained if required.