The company, formed in 2009 under the creative vision by Vicki Igbokwe, fuses contemporary, waacking, vogueing, African and house dance to create work that celebrates these styles, their technique and choreographic richness.
Uchenna Dance has developed a unique signature vocabulary and a repertoire of dance theatre pieces that take the audience on a journey through storytelling and investigations into issues and relationships within society today.
Adiaspora, one half of Uchenna Dance in collaboration with Vocab Dance Company, performed their last feature length piece, Frusted, at The Place in February to critical acclaim, illustrating the high standards of the company.
What are we looking for?
- Dynamic dancers that have experience in Contemporary and Urban styles. Knowledge in the styles we work with are a bonus but not essential as training will be provided.
- Dancers who have some formal dance training at University, Vocational College etc.
- Dancers who have some formal/informal training in Urban styles and/or Jazz, African Dance.
- Dancers who want to become part of and grow with a professional company.
- Dancers who want to develop their current technique level and performance ability.
- Dancers interested in teaching (a bonus but not essential)
- Dancers who love DANCE and have a respect for all genres.
What do you get?
- Free training
- Performance opportunities
- Paid work (as a performer and teacher)
- Discounts or free entry to Uchenna events and workshops
What do you need to do?
Send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with JOINING COMPANY in the subject line.
DEADLINE Thursday 1st July 5pm.
There will be an introductory training week in August followed by weekly training from September onwards.
For an overview of Uchenna Dance and the touring company visit www.uchennadance.com